- Medical thermometers are used for measuring human body temperature, with the tip of the thermometer being inserted either into the mouth under the tongue (oral or sub-lingual temperature), under the armpit (axillary temperature), or into the rectum via the anus (rectal temperature).
- The infliction or imposition of a penalty as retribution for an offense
- Rough treatment or handling inflicted on or suffered by a person or thing
- (punish) impose a penalty on; inflict punishment on; “The students were penalized for showing up late for class”; “we had to punish the dog for soiling the floor again”
- The penalty inflicted
- (punished) subjected to a penalty (as pain or shame or restraint or loss) for an offense or fault or in order to coerce some behavior (as a confession or obedience)
- the act of punishing
2/52: Huh? It's a rectal thermometer?!
Poor Olive, talk about something leaving a bad taste in your mouth *boom-tish* ..
After her accident it looks like Olive will be in hospital for a while … i hope we’ll catch up with her again later down the track 🙂
Most awkward re-gift ever